[ASA] 2018 ASA Annual Science Meeting @Swinburne Program Announced

Darren Croton dcroton at swin.edu.au
Thu May 17 18:10:25 AEST 2018

Dear ASA member.

On behalf of the SOC, it’s with great pleasure that i’d like to announce the program for this year's ASA Annual Science Meeting, which is now live at the conference webpage.

https://asa2018.swin.edu.au/asa2018/program/

In particular, new to this year are community led “special sessions”, which include:

ESO
A focus on big data and computing (ADACS)
Exoplanets & galactic structure in the TESS era
Massively multiplexed spectroscopic surveys
SKA precursor science with ASKAP and MWA
GALAH, Gaia and the Galaxy
The future of Australian optical astronomy
Multi-messenger astronomy

We also have a number of social and community activities planned. Those who submitted abstracts for talks/posters should have been notified by now (if not, please contact me).

We’re looking forward to seeing you at Swinburne in late-June!

Thanks,
Darren (SOC Chair)

--
Darren Croton