[ASA] La Silla Paranal Users Workshop - Don't miss the deadline for early registration

Caroline Foster caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 10:54:56 AEDT 2018

Good morning everyone,

Happy 2018! As the ESO Users Committee representative, I would like to encourage Australia-based astronomers to register for the La Silla Paranal Users Workshop (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ahzyCgZowLHwp9p0TNmLmf?domain=eso.org, see email from the organisers below).

The organisers have mentioned that if sufficiently many attendees request remote attendance, they would do their best to make it happen. If you register (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EcrwCjZrzqHGP8P5IRWPI6?domain=eso.org) and would like to attend remotely, please send an email to lpousers at eso.org<mailto:lpousers at eso.org> (also cc me so I know the numbers) stating that you wish to do so. There is no need to pay the registration fee if you are requesting remote attendance.

Furthermore, if the workshop is offered remotely (TBC by ESO), the International Telescopes Support Office (ITSO) has offered to provide a videoconferencing room at the Australian Astronomical Observatory headquarters in North Ryde, NSW for the event. Thanks to the generosity of the ITSO, complimentary catering will be provided. Australian based expert observers and past ESO users will be present at the AAO to help with the hands-on aspect of the workshop. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please email me by 5 March for catering purposes.

Finally, I will be circulating the ESO Users Committee Poll next month. This will be a great opportunity to give feedback on various aspects of your experience so far as ESO users. Answers will be compiled into a report in preparation for the UC meeting in April. Stay tuned!

Clear skies!

Caroline
--
Dr Caroline Foster | ASTRO3D Fellow
The University of Sydney

360B, A28 | The University of Sydney | NSW |
+61 286 276 411  | +61 430 453 532
caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au>  | www.carofoster.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qHceCk8vAZtX191WTQaPfC?domain=carofoster.com>

Office days: Monday, Tuesday (@AAO), Thursday, Friday

INSPIRED – the Campaign to support the University of Sydney
sydney.edu.au/inspired<http://sydney.edu.au/inspired>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this email if necessary.

Begin forwarded message: