[ASA] Upcoming workshop - A Celebration of CEMP & Gala of GALAH

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Fri Sep 22 08:40:25 AEST 2017

Dear Friends,

We are writing to call your attention to several important deadlines upcoming for the meeting "A Celebration of CEMP and Gala of GALAH" to be held November 13-17, 2017 at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.

This meeting will mark the 25th anniversary of the discovery of Carbon-Enhanced Metal-Poor (CEMP) Stars, and discussion of the first science return from the massive GALAH high-resolution optical spectroscopic project being conducted on the AAT.

We have an impressive list of invited speakers (which you can find on the website), and presently have room for numerous contributed talks and/or posters.

If you have an interest in attending this meeting, or know someone who does, please visit our website: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/38L3BqU3d27WCw?domain=indico.fnal.gov<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/38L3BqU3d27WCw?domain=indico.fnal.gov>

Note that the current deadlines are as follows:

  *   Closing of Abstract Submission -- Oct 6, 2017
  *   Closing of payment for Registration -- Oct 6, 2017
  *   Closing of Registration -- Oct 20, 2017

This promises to be an exciting meeting, one which we hope that you will consider attending.

Sincerely,

Timothy Beers
Amanda Karakas
John Lattanzio