[ASA] New ASA Council and 2018 ASM host

Stuart Wyithe swyithe at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 20:19:08 AEST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Many thanks to colleagues at ANU for hosting a very enjoyable meeting last week in Canberra, which in addition to showcasing the excellent science in our community also included the momentous event of the ESO – Australia strategic partnership signing.

For those members not able to be in Canberra last week I would like to take to opportunity to announce the new Council following the result of recent elections:

Stuart Wyithe (President)
Cathryn Trott (Vice President)
Virginia Kilborn (Immediate Past President)
Kate Gunn (treasurer)
John O’Byrne (secretary)
Marc Duldig (secretary)

Michael Brown (Media and Outreach)
Daniel Price (PASA editorial Board Chair)
Tanya Hill (Prizes and awards co-ordinator)
Leonie Chevalier (Student Representative)

Elisabete da Cunha (Councillor)
Krzysztof Bolejko (Councillor)
Lisa Harvey-Smith (Councillor)
John Latanzio (Councillor)
Daniel Zucker (Councillor)

I would like to thank outgoing Council members for their contributions, including Duncan Galloway, Chris Power, Naomi McClure-Griffiths, Lee Spitler and Chris Curtin. A particular thanks to Andrew Hopkins who retires following his term as Immediate Past President.

Please note that the proposed constitutional changes were overwhelmingly supported and the version of the constitution on the web page will be updated shortly to reflect the changes adopted.

Finally, I would like to announce that the 2018 ASA Annual Science Meeting will be hosted by Swinburne University of Technology. I look forward to seeing you all in Melbourne next year.

Regards,

Stuart
(ASA President)

——————————————————————————————
Professor Stuart Wyithe | Head, School of Physics

Shirley Els | Executive Assistant – Head, School of Physics
T: +61 3 8344 5453   E: shirley.els at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:shirley.els at unimelb.edu.au>

Faculty of Science
Room 104, David Caro Building (192)
The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
T: +61 3 8344 5420 and +61 3 8344 5083
F: +61 3 9347 4783
E: swyithe at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:swyithe at unimelb.edu.au>
W: science.unimelb.edu.au<http://unimelb.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D2FF39.F20CF580]
This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email.