[ASA] PASA update

Daniel Price daniel.price at monash.edu
Thu Nov 24 10:19:06 AEDT 2016

Dear ASA members,

 Just to let you know of four exciting new PASA features for the end of the year:

1) Overleaf trial

2) New PASA website (via Cambridge Core)

3) Free access to Galactic Bulge special issue until 19th December

4) New expanded datastore offering

————
1. Overleaf trial

We have a 12 month trial to seamlessly integrate PASA with Overleaf, an online collaborative tool for co-authoring LaTeX documents. You can author your paper in PASA style and submit with “one click” instead of having to deal with the submission manually in ScholarOne. Just start here:

https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/latex-template-for-publications-of-the-astronomical-society-of-australia-pasa/wqzkgssmppfm

Please let us know if you make use of this functionality and provide feedback on how it works for you.

2. New PASA website

We have migrated to the new “Cambridge Core” platform which brings significant new functionality and a fresh, modern look to the journal home page. Check it out:

http://journals.cambridge.org/PAS

3. We would like to offer complimentary access to The Galactic Bulge collection for two weeks! Access the collection here: http://bit.ly/2fsLLTu
until 30th November 2016! This is one of our best special collections yet with a series of very nice review articles on the Galactic Bulge.

4. The PASA datastore continues to expand in both functionality and scope. In particular you can now interactively explore tabulated datasets in the datastore, and store datasets of up to several Tb in size (pending editorial approval):

https://data-portal.hpc.swin.edu.au/institute/pasa
————

Yours in publishing,

Daniel Price