[ASA] Joint MQ / AAO Lectureship in Astronomy and Astrophysics
mark.wardle at mq.edu.au
Sun Jul 3 16:40:58 AEST 2016
Please bring the announcement below to the attention of suitable candidates.
Thanks in advance!
Joint Macquarie University (MQ) / International Telescopes Support Office (ITSO) Lectureship in Astronomy and Astrophysics
We are seeking applications from outstanding early career astronomers from any area of astronomical research for a fixed-term lectureship. This joint position offers excellent opportunities to develop strong collaborative research projects between Macquarie University (MQ) and the Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO). The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Macquarie has undergone rapid expansion over the last 5 years especially since the creation of the MQ Research Centre in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Astrophotonics (MQAAAstro), one of the largest and most active astronomy research groups in Australia. The International Telescopes Support Office, hosted by the AAO, coordinates Australian usage of large offshore facilities including the Keck 10 metre telescopes in Hawaii; the Magellan 6.5 metre telescopes in Chile; and the Blanco 4 metre telescope in Chile.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• A relevant doctoral degree in physics or astronomy or substantial equivalent academic experience/accreditation and standing;
• A demonstrated record of an ongoing original research program and publication in international journals;
• Capacity and/or demonstrated ability to perform quality teaching in astronomy and physics at university undergraduate level;
• Capacity and/or demonstrated ability to attract and successfully supervise research students;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with students, staff, and the community;
• Capacity and/or demonstrated ability to attract research grants.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
• Experience observing with or supporting observations on large (4-10 metre aperture) optical telescopes.
Salary: From $96,970 - $114,732 p.a. (Level B), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term for a period of 3 years.
Enquiries: Mark.Wardle at mq.edu.au<mailto:Mark.Wardle at mq.edu.au> or Stuart.Ryder at aao.gov.au<mailto:Stuart.Ryder at aao.gov.au>
Applications Close: 14 August 2016 at 11.55pm, AEST. Applications must be submitted via the online system at the link provided below.
Macquarie University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Department of Physics and Astronomy and the AAO are strongly committed to supporting diversity in the workplace. Applications from female and minority candidates are strongly encouraged.
Full advertisement including application process: http://jobs.mq.edu.au/cw/en/job/497185/lecturer-in-astronomy-astrophysics
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA