[ASA] Multiwavelength emission from accreting black holes: first announcement

Davide Burlon dburlon at physics.usyd.edu.au
Fri Dec 12 18:08:02 AEDT 2014

                Workshop Announcement
Multi-wavelength emission from accreting black holes
             11th and 12th of February, 2015
             Sydney Institute for Astronomy
                The University of Sydney

           To *register* please fill in this form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FlsakG6u1N3lgnFq3AckuupKoR2YJ-dm6H7hzEAOvXA/viewform

Join us in a two-day meeting that will address the topic of correlated
emission at different frequencies.We ask what is the future of quasi-coeval
observations, in an era in which new satellites and wide-field telescopes
are being commissioned. In the high-energy sky the NuSTAR and *Fermi*
satellites are relatively new missions with unprecedented sensitivity, and
operate in a window of the electromagnetic spectrum poorly studied so far.
In the radio sky, on the road to the multibillion dollar SKA project,
already operational precursors and pathfinders such as MWA and ASKAP are
opening a new space of parameters to exploration.
What can we learn from observing accreting black hole at different
frequencies? How does variability affect this behaviour? Topics include
AGN, GRBs, accreting binaries, and other transients.

The workshop will be a mix of seminars and discussion sessions to plan
future projects.

Participants include:
* Paul Hancock
* Steve Croft
* Giancarlo Ghirlanda
* Aina Musaeva
* Joe Callingham
* Francesco de Gasperin

Everyone is welcome to attend. Registration is free, and morning tea, lunch
and afternoon tea are included.

More information is available on our website: *in preparation*

The workshop is limited to 40 attendees and the deadline for registration
is January 25th.

Davide & Tara

Dr. Davide Burlon | Research Associate (SIfA | CAASTRO)
The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
Building H90, 44-70 Rosehill Street, Redfern, NSW, 2016
Room: 220 | T: +61 2 911 42149
W: http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~dburlon