[ASA] Australian SKA Office update [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Boyle, Brian Brian.Boyle at industry.gov.au
Tue Jul 29 16:27:17 AEST 2014

Dear ASA members

At the SKA ‘town hall’ meeting during the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting last week I gave a commitment to increase the level of information-sharing between the Australian SKA Office and the Australian astronomy community. As a way of kicking this off, I would like to draw your attention to the Australian SKA website at www.ska.gov.au.

The website carries a  quarterly update from me as Australian SKA Project Director (the July update can be found here) and has a dedicated “Science” section where you can find useful links to help you stay up to date on SKA progress. It carries links to the latest Australian precursor and SKA project updates and a who’s who of the Australia and New Zealand Coordination Committee’s Science Advisory Committee.

There is also a ‘multimedia’ section where you can find high resolution images from the Australian project and links to relevant video material, which you are welcome to use in your own communications. There is also a section providing  information about the SKA Organisation, the Australian SKA Office and other bodies associated with the project.

Taking on-board your feedback at the ASA meeting, we plan to send out a quarterly message like this one, containing a link to my quarterly update and other material you may find interesting. We will create a mechanism whereby others can sign up to receive these messages. We will also be putting up an events resource, showing SKA-related events in Australia and around the world. When this is up, we would be very grateful if you could send us the details of any missing events that you may be attending or speaking at.

In addition to this initiative, the Australian SKA Office is reviewing the way in which it communicates with a range of other stakeholders including Australian industry, local WA stakeholders, indigenous groups and the international SKA Organisation. We’ll keep you informed of developments. In the meantime, I welcome your feedback on the web pages, so please let us know if we’ve missed anything or if there are broken links, etc.

The best contact for your feedback on the website is the Australian SKA Office’s Planning and Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Jerry Skinner.
Jerry can be reached on jerry.skinner at industry.gov.au

Best regards

Brian

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments to it,
is intended for the use of the addressee and is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, read,
forward, copy or retain any of the information.  If you received this
e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by return
e-mail or telephone.

The Commonwealth does not warrant that any attachments are free
from viruses or any other defects.  You assume all liability for any
loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening
or using the attachments.

The security of emails transmitted in an unencrypted environment
cannot be guaranteed. By forwarding or replying to this email, you
acknowledge and accept these risks.