[ASA] ISM White Paper mini-workshop, November 1

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 13:55:26 AEDT 2013

Colleagues

There will be a mini-worksop held at the ATNF (Epping) on Friday November 1 to discuss the ISM White Paper.  The meeting will be held in the Faraday Room (near the ATNF reception) from 9:30-12:30am.  This is the day following the ALMA meeting, also being held at ATNF.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the draft ISM White Paper (available at astro-ph on http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.0712) and to develop the science cases therein further.

If you would like to make a presentation at the meeting please let me know.

If you would like to contribute to the White Paper but cannot make it to this meeting you can still do so.  Contributions should be of similar form to those already in the White Paper; i.e. a max of 2 pages long, outlining the major science issues as well as the capabilities needed to make progress.

Thank-you

Michael Burton

**************************************

Please return the following to m.burton at unsw.edu.au if you would like to participate in the ISM White Paper:

1. I plan on attending the ISM White Paper Workshop:  Yes / No

2. I would like to make a short presentation at the meeting: Yes / No

If yes - subject of presentation.

3. I would like to contribute a 2-page science case to the White Paper: Yes/No

If yes - science theme.

The draft White Paper is available at arXiv:1307.0712

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JOHN O’BYRNE
Associate Head (Teaching & Learning)
Chair, School Teaching & Learning Committee
Secretary, Astronomical Society of Australia Inc.

Sydney Institute for Astronomy
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 222, 44-70 Rosehill St Redfern H90 (see map) | (alternate: Rm 205, Physics Building A28)
Postal address: School of Physics | The University of Sydney | NSW | Australia | 2006
T +61 2 9351 3184  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au  | W  http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics/~obyrne

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

This email uses 100% recycled words and ideas.  Do you really need to print it?