[ASA] Announcement of new Early Career Researcher chapter of the ASA

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Jun 13 21:45:39 AEST 2013

Hi,

The ASA has formed a new chapter, devoted to the training and mentoring of the Early Career Researcher members. It will act to support the needs and development of ECRs in the Australian astronomy community. We invite you to join the chapter. We encourage not just postdocs to join, but also students who are thinking about life after their PhD, and senior researchers who would be willing to act as mentors.

The attached flyer contains more details. We will be holding a social mixer event on the Monday evening of the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting in July. There the steering committee can meet you, and find out more about what you want from such a chapter.

The chapter website can be found at http://asaecr.smp.uq.edu.au/ or follow the links on the ASA web pages. To join us, simply send an email to asa.ecr.chapter at gmail.com with your name and details.

Thanks,
David Parkinson (interim chair)

on behalf of the steering committee:
James Allison, Daniel Bayliss, Andy Casey, Darren Croton, Sarah Martell, Cathryn Trott and Ivy Wong

David Parkinson
University of Queensland
d.parkinson at uq.edu.au