[ASA] Input request for Users' Committee for Gemini Observatory

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 17:08:04 AEST 2012

Dear Australian Community,

The Users' Committee for Gemini Observatory (UCG) will meet for the
first time at the Gemini Science Meeting 2012 to be held July 17-20th in
San Francisco.  I will be representing Australia at this committee and
would like to gather information on the Australian community's
experiences with the Gemini Observatory.  If you, as a user (or
potential user) of the Gemini telescopes, are aware of any issues about
or praise for either the Gemini Observatory or the Australian Gemini
Office (please keep these separate) that need to be raised at this
meeting, please email them to sb at aao.gov.au before July 1st.

Also, if you are a potential user of the Gemini telescopes but have not
used the telescopes, what has stopped you and is there anything Gemini
could do to make itself more accessible?

If there are any specific items you would like to see raised at the meeting, please let me know.

Finally, please forward this email to non-ASA members of the Australian community.

Regards,

Sarah Brough

Sarah Brough
Research Astronomer
Australian Astronomical Observatory
PO Box 296
Epping, NSW 1710        Phone: +61 (0)2 9372 4848
Australia               Fax: +61 (0)2 9372 4880