[ASA] HWSA and Federal Election

Christopher Herron cher7851 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sun May 8 21:23:09 AEST 2016

Dear ASA Student Members,

The date for the 2016 federal election has been confirmed as the 2nd of July, which is during the HWSA. This means that anyone who will attend the HWSA and is required to vote in this election will need to organise their vote before the HWSA. A summary of how to vote can be found here: http://www.aec.gov.au/voting/ways_to_vote/

On election day there will be limited transport to any nearby polling places and interstate voting centres (there may not be any of the latter nearby), and so we recommend that people attending the HWSA place an early vote. This can either be done in person, at an early voting centre in your electorate, or by applying for a postal vote online. See http://www.aec.gov.au/FAQs/Voting_Australia.htm#travelling for more information.

Information on applying for a postal vote can be found here: http://www.aec.gov.au/election/pva/

If you have any questions regarding voting before the HWSA, or the HWSA in general, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Chris Herron, on behalf of the 2016 HWSA LOC