[Metabolomics] FW: ANZMN Webinar Series Continues!

Ben Crossett ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jul 14 12:08:10 AEST 2020

Hi Folks,

Cheers,

Ben

From: ANZMN <anzmn at outlook.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 14 July 2020 12:04
To: Ben Crossett <ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au>
Subject: ANZMN Webinar Series Continues!

View this email in your browser<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ZS6RCOMKzVTRj502UESwZR?domain=mailchi.mp>
[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/274SCP7LAXfGRvo5f0cmIj?domain=mcusercontent.com]

________________________________
Hello!
Please see below for details of the next event in the ANZMN webinar series!

________________________________

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/rx41CQnMBZfApB3NtMnflP?domain=mcusercontent.com]
Date: 27th  July 2020
Starting Time: 11:30 am (AWST); 1.30 pm (AEST); 3.30 pm (NZT)
Duration: About 50 min
Link: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DR2zCROND2um1nRgCOBZx6?domain=plantandfood.zoom.us<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/gpfPCVARKgCw605PfQdhMw?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>

Speaker: Professor Peter J Meikle, Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Title: Population Lipidomics: Challenges and opportunities
[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Yl44CWLVXkU9KzPyfpHwVy?domain=mcusercontent.com]

Abstract: Dysregulation of lipid metabolism underpins multiple diseases, including type 2 diabetes (T2D), cardiovascular disease and age-related dementia. While the metabolic pathways of lipids are well characterised, dysregulation of the same pathways due to environmental and genetic influences is not well understood. We have developed a high throughput lipidomics platform that can analyse over 750 individual lipid species from 10 µL plasma in 15 minutes. Application of this platform to large clinical and population studies is providing new insight into the role of lipid metabolism in chronic disease, new markers for risk assessment and the opportunity for integration with genomic datasets for a systems approach to identify causal pathways with the potential for therapeutic intervention. The current state and future directions of the field will be discussed drawing on examples from our cohort studies.

Bio: Professor Peter Meikle is the Head of the Systems Biology Domain, Co-Lead of the Obesity and Lipids Program and is Head of the Metabolomics Laboratory at the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute.  He is Editor in Chief of Metabolites, the official Journal of the International Metabolomics Society. His research has a focus on the dysregulation of lipid metabolism associated with metabolic diseases including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular and Alzheimer’s disease and its relationship to the pathogenesis of these disease states.  This work is leading to new approaches to early diagnosis and risk assessment, and to the development of new lipid modulating therapies for chronic disease.

Registration: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/nxCRCXLW2mU5RBqMS7Rex4?domain=eventbrite.com.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/rX6gCYW8Noc1qkN6tjNpOO?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
________________________________

If you are interested in volunteering as a future speaker, please contact you local ANZMN representative or reply to this email.

New members can now sign up to the ANZMN at our shiny new link: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/aRuLCZY1Nqi4LPDoHMxsKH?domain=tinyurl.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8lFVC1WLPxczonkEFAvHaQ?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com> please share with any of your colleagues who may be interested in joining the network!
________________________________

[ANZMN twitter]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/S_EDC2xMQzilXKRESp_lsA?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
ANZMN twitter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/XPzQC3QNPBiAl7GRt9rA0j?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
[Website]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BLwWC4QOPEi0OYm7ionp6H?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
Website<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/15EOC5QPXJij7gxWCwse-f?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
[LinkedIn]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/B3g5C6XQ4LfOvV1GUN1azW?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>
LinkedIn<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/sjZbC71R2NTpKEQWIQrMhU?domain=google.us4.list-manage.com>

Our mailing address is:
Australia and New Zealand Metabolomics Network (ANZMN)
Harry Perkins Research Institute
5 Robin Warren Drive
Perth, WA 6150
Australia