[Metabolomics] Medronic acid to improve chromatography of troublesome metabolites

Ben Crossett ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au
Tue Feb 5 17:31:46 AEDT 2019

Hi Folks,

Chatting with Christine Miller (Agilent) today as she was plugging a magic additive you can get to improve your analysis of troubles metabolites such as  ATP.

Read the ASMS poster here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/AuV1CnxyErC9wyp4S90AQk?domain=agilent.com>.  Or the marketing spin here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/PGOvCoVzGQi29opACzONgA?domain=agilent.com>.

The 'secret' ingredient is:

5 mM of methylenediphosphonic acid (medronic acid)

...which you can also get from Sigma.

Also being plugged was their HILIC-Z columns<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/f1r6Cp8AJQt4klEgFYc1RZ?domain=agilent.com>, which are currently being evaluated by the Don group and  Lake-Ee...hopefully we'll hear from them in the near future if they get the thumbs up or the thumbs down.
Lastly, if you are on the cc list, that is because I don't think you have signed up to our metabolomics mailing list feel free to join here<https://mailman.sydney.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/metabolomics>...but let me let me know as the server is pretty flaky and it often fails to process requests to join.

Cheers,

Ben

Dr Ben Crossett | Manager
The University of Sydney
DVC Research, Sydney Mass Spectrometry

Office 4110, The Hub D17 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
+61 2 9351 6010
ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au<mailto:ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au>  |  sydney.edu.au/mass-spectrometry <http://sydney.edu.au/mass-spectrometry>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.