[Limdep Nlogit List] problema latent class model

Elias José Gordillo Chávez elias.gordillo at yahoo.com.mx
Sun Sep 4 12:57:06 AEST 2022

Hello everyone, I have a question

I´m trying to do a random latent class model in Nlogit 4, but I would like to make a model with restrictions to define the probabilistic decisión rules for each class. I know that Nlogit 4 doesn´t work with this kind of model, So I try to do this model with a student license, but this license work with 1500 register, and my complete data set have 2628 register.

I ran a test of a random latent class model with 1500 register in Nlogit 6 with my student license, and I have some problems; in all cases, the coefficient is not significant and only works with three classes. Now, I am unsure if buy the license Nlogit 6 single user is suiotable, I have doubt. Whether I can do the analysis correctly with my complete data set. Is there any way to know if, with my 2628 register, I can do this analysis and run a random latent class with restrictions of decision rules like attribute attendance?   But the Price of licese is high to my I want to be sure that I can do the analysis than I need for my thesis.

I work with 146 people, and everyone answers six choice situations. Every choice situation had three alternatives with four attributes.