[Limdep Nlogit List] Ordered Probit Model with Selection

james benson jbenson at ssc.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 15 08:37:52 EST 2008

Hi,
Will it be possible for me to estimate an ordered probit outcome model
while accounting for selection using an ordered probit selection model?
If so, is there any advantage to estimating this type of model in
NLOGIT, as compared to LIMDEP.  For my dissertation research, I need to
model students' selection into three ordered states (no college, 2-year
college, and 4-year college) and their attainment outcome which also
takes on three states (no degree, 2-year degree, and 4-year degree).
LIMDEP looks like the only software around that can estimate such a
model, but I need to confirm this before I can get approval to purchase it.
James

James Benson
Dissertator, UW-Madison