[GPlates-discuss] reconstructing symbol file in a topology

Douwe van Hinsbergen douwework at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:11:09 AEDT 2016

Dear all,

Using GPlates 2.0, I try to connect a symbol file (representing e.g., volcanoes, sedimentary sections, ore deposits, thermochron data, etc.) to a deforming topology representing the deforming mesh of a retrodeformed orogen, so that I can reconstruct the symbol into its position at the time of formation. I can’t seem to connect my symbols to the topology, however. Did any of you succeed in an exercise like this?

All the best,

Douwe

--
Dr. Douwe J.J. van Hinsbergen | <> Associate Professor | <> Department of Earth Sciences | <> Utrecht University| <>   Heidelberglaan 2, 3584 CS Utrecht | <> Room 8.09 | <> tel. (030) 253 6712 |  <>D.J.J.vanHinsbergen at uu.nl <mailto:D.J.J.vanHinsbergen at uu.nl> | <> http://www.geologist.nl <http://www.geologist.nl/> | <>