[ASA] Fwd: STA constitution clean up - for distribution and comment please.

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at aao.gov.au
Wed Jul 8 15:09:26 AEST 2015

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: STA constitution clean up - for distribution and comment please.
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 13:21 EST
From: Catriona Jackson <catriona.jackson at sta.org.au>
To: Catriona Jackson <catriona.jackson at sta.org.au>
CC: Peter Adams <p.adams at maths.uq.edu.au>,       Finance Officer <accounts at sta.org.au>,       Ross Smith <ross.smith at hydrobiology.biz>,       Jeremy  Brownlie <j.brownlie at griffith.edu.au>,       Emma Johnston <e.johnston at unsw.edu.au>,       Robyn Porter <robyn at robynporterconsulting.com.au>,       Sophie Lewis <sophie.lewis at anu.edu.au>,       Jim Piper <jim.piper at mq.edu.au>

*** please distribute to members***

Dear Colleagues,

STA has been taking a careful look at our constitution to ensure we are operating in accordance with new rules and that the document is fit for purpose, helping us to serve you as well as possible.

We do not underestimate the size of this task an have decided to take a staged approach to it. Thus we are addressing relatively simple, 'clean up’ changes first.

We are fortunate to have STA Executive member Robyn Porter (Chair Policy) conducting this review process on behalf of the STA Executive, and you will find an explanatory note and a marked up version of the Constitutions attached for your information.

As per the Act that governs us we are offering an opportunity to the entire membership to comment on the proposed changes if you wish to.

If you have any comments please raise them with your cluster representative before July 30.

For those members who are general members (ie not included in  a discipline based cluster) remember you can raise issues via the General Cluster representative.

These changes will be voted at the STA board meeting of July 30.

Cluster re/board members contacts details are all here: http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/about-science-australia/governance-and-board/

Or you can go direct to Robyn, via this email address: robyn at robynporterconsulting.com.au

Regards,

Catriona Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Science & Technology Australia

T: 02 6257 2891| M: 0417 142 238| F: 02 6257 2897
PO Box 259, Canberra City ACT 2601
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

--
Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Head of Research and Outreach
Australian Astronomical Observatory