[ASA] 2016-2025 Decadal Plan available

Stuart Wyithe swyithe at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 8 16:16:48 AEST 2015

Dear colleagues,

This email is to announce the release of Australia in the Era of Global Astronomy, the Decadal Plan for Australian Astronomy 2016-2025.

The Decadal Plan is now available in pdf form from the National Committee for Astronomy web page at https://www.science.org.au/committee/astronomy. Hard copies of the Decadal Plan will also be made available to Australian astronomers through their home institutions.

A formal launch of the Decadal Plan will be held in due course. However last evening at the ASA ASM in Fremantle the we held an informal event to celebrate completion of the new Decadal Plan, and to thank the many individuals across our community who contributed to its development. I would like to take the opportunity to repeat this thanks, particularly to the working group chairs and their executives, whose hard work formed the basis for developing the new Decadal Plan.

Best regards,

Stuart

Professor Stuart Wyithe
Australian Laureate Fellow