[SydPhil] Workshop Current Research on Work final schedule

Jean-Philippe Deranty jp.deranty at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 17 12:26:32 AEST 2024

There have been some changes to the schedule for the workshop "Current Research in the Philosophy of Work" this Thursday, June 20, at Macquarie University. The full program is below.
Dr Eve Vincent (Anthropology, MQ) will wrap up the day with her presentation on "Class-infected Relationships to Work".
Due to popular demand, the workshop has been moved to a larger room.
If you would like to attend, please contact the organizers to ensure seats are still available.
We're looking forward to seeing you on the day.
JP Deranty
Chloe Bonifas
John Goris

Current Research in the Philosophy of Work

Date : Thursday, 20th of June 2024

Room : 25WW C112

Arrive between 9:20am and 9:30am

Schedule

9:30am - 10:15 | Douglas McConnell: "We-narratives and professional ethics"

10:15 - 11:00 |   Swati Arora: "Testimonial Injustice - The case of women in the ICT careers"

11:00 - 11:15 | Coffee break

11:15 - 12:00 | Timothy Stroh: "Do we have an obligation to work?"

12:00 - 12:45 | Anastasia Chan: "Elevating the ordinary: Thoreau's Philosophy of Work in Walden"

12:45 - 2:00pm | Lunch break

2:00 - 2:45 | John Goris: "The animal labour theory of value"

2:45 - 3.30 | Chloé Bonifas: "The conception of (high) performance at work"

3.30 - 3.45 | Coffee break

3.45 - 4.30 | Jean-Philippe Deranty: "Presenting The Case for Work"

4.30 - 5.15 | Eve Vincent: "Identity, Morality, Legacies: Class-inflected Relationships to Work"

Prof. Jean-Philippe Deranty
Research Training Director

Department of Philosophy
17, Wally's Walk
Wallumatagal Campus
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
NSW 2109
AUSTRALIA
T: +61 2 9850 6773  |  F: +61 2 9850 8892 | E: jp.deranty at mq.edu.au<mailto:jp.deranty at mq.edu.au>
Staff Page<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/FETvCE8wmrt1o8J0AtNvW1n?domain=researchers.mq.edu.au>

I acknowledge Macquarie University stands on the lands of the Dharug Nation. I respect Elders, past, present, and future and recognise the continuity of knowledge that nurtures Country and community.

[https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/RulcCGv0oyCWZNpOyi7gQqD?domain=ci6.googleusercontent.com]<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/aOqjCJyBrGfpLWmA4szoGAR?domain=mq.edu.au>
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.