[SydPhil] University of Sydney Philosophy Seminar Series: Tyler Doggett

Ryan Cox ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au
Mon Feb 27 13:42:15 AEDT 2023

Hi everyone,

This week’s speaker in the University of Sydney Philosophy Seminar Series is Tyler Doggett (University of Vermont).

The title of Tyler’s talk is “Knowing and Linking”. Here’s the abstract for Tyler’s talk:

We have limited resources. We can’t help everyone. This talk is partly about the roles that friendship, affection, and acquaintance play in determining whom to save. Also, it’s partly about popularity in philosophy. (These two parts are connected.)

The talk will take place on Wednesday the 1st of March at 3:30 p.m. in the Philosophy Seminar Room (N494) in the Quadrangle and will be simulcast via Zoom: https://uni-sydney.zoom.us/j/88699564848.

The talk will be followed by drinks and informal discussion at the Rose. All welcome!

Enquiries about the seminar series can be directed to ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au<mailto:ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au>

Ryan Cox
Associate Lecturer in Philosophy
Discipline of Philosophy