[SydPhil] The Two Natures of Christ: The Logic and Religion Webinar, December 15

FRANCISCO MARIANO assismariano at ufrn.edu.br
Tue Dec 13 17:53:39 AEDT 2022

Dear Colleague,

You are invited to participate in the next session of the Logic and Religion Webinar Series which will be held on December 15, 2022, at 4pm CET with the topic:

THE TWO NATURES OF CHRIST

Speaker: Eleonore Stump<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/-lpkCD1vlpTBWJNQDTWM22P?domain=en.wikipedia.org> (Saint Louis University, USA)

Chair: Michal Pawlowski<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/w4bhCE8wmrtWz0VKkTwlzoV?domain=philpeople.org> (University of Warsaw, Poland)

Please, register in advance to receive the zoom link:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GhQACGv0oyCJPOKo2HptOAP?domain=logicandreligion.com

Abstract: The doctrine of the Incarnation is central to Christianity but it seems self-inconsistent in virtue of attributing contradictory properties to one and the same thing. I explore the notion of reduplicative propositions and the concept of borrowed properties to examine this puzzle, and I argue on this basis that the doctrine is coherent.

Join us 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the session!

With best wishes,

--
Francisco de Assis Mariano
The University of Missouri-Columbia