[SydPhil] Funded Philosophy MA or PhD, ACEPS, University of Johannesburg

Mitova, Veli vmitova at uj.ac.za
Fri Dec 2 01:42:12 AEDT 2022

The African Centre of Epistemology & Philosophy of Science<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/6QPwCWLVXkUjq7WJZh6WUP1?domain=uj.ac.za> (ACEPS), at the University of Johannesburg, invites applications for a funded MA (research) or PhD on any topic in Epistemology, Social Epistemology, or the Philosophy of Science. Projects on Epistemic Injustice, Decolonising Knowledge, and the Epistemology of AI (all broadly construed) are particularly welcome.

If you are looking for:

  *   Access to a vibrant and extensive international network of experts and visitors to engage your work
  *   Opportunities to attend and present at local and international conferences
  *   Getting published in international journals
  *   Flourishing through weekly reading groups and writing retreats
  *   Experience at running conferences
  *   Living in a vibrant and cosmopolitan African city
Then it is time to consider ACEPS.

Check out the ACEPS <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/6QPwCWLVXkUjq7WJZh6WUP1?domain=uj.ac.za/> website and our Team<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lEh9CXLW2mUnKvzwjTVr7La?domain=uj.ac.za> to see if what we do is a good fit for you. Then go to Prospective Philosophy Postgrads & Postdocs <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7H7zCYW8Noc3lR4rmC9cZDE?domain=uj.ac.za> to see what we can do for you. You can find some info on Joburg here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/CnsZCZY1NqiMgZpJACywibg?domain=uj.ac.za>.

To apply please email Prof Veli Mitova (vmitova at uj.ac.za<mailto:vmitova at uj.ac.za>), by 5pm SAST on the 11th December:

  *   A motivation letter explaining how your work will contribute to ACEPS
  *   Your academic transcripts
  *   Your CV

The academic year starts in February 2023.

Let’s do philosophy together,

Veli

---

Veli Mitova

Professor in Philosophy and Director of ACEPS

University of Johannesburg

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/rsLAC1WLPxcpGy9VxuY5BMU?domain=disclaimer.uj.ac.za