[SydPhil] CAVE: New reading group on Attention, Narrative, and the Self (online)

Centre for Agency, Values, and Ethics arts.cave at mq.edu.au
Wed Aug 25 15:12:29 AEST 2021

Dear all,

We (Regina Fabry and me) are writing you to invite you to a new reading group on “Attention, Narrative and the Self” supporting Regina’s DECRA project and my MQRF project. The first session will be held on September 8th via Zoom.

If you would like to join and receive e-mails about the reading group, please send a reply to this e-mail and I’ll put you on the mailing list.

Description

In this reading group, we will explore three questions: first, how does attention structure our engagement with narratives? Second, how does the active participation in narrative practices influence attentional processes? Finally, how do attention and narrative engagement shape our sense of self? In order to address these questions, we will discuss papers from philosophy of mind, cognitive science, and cognitive narratology.

Meetings

Fortnightly meetings on Wednesdays, 08:00 AM Central European Time/16:00 Sydney time. From November, the meetings will be held  08AM CET and 18PM Sydney.

Best wishes,
Jelle and Regina

Macquarie University Research Centre for Agency, Values and Ethics (CAVE)
Department of Philosophy
Macquarie University
Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
CAVE website: mq.edu.au/cave<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LL1xCL7EwMfRAA5XlcBIr_a?domain=cave.mq.edu.au>