[SydPhil] 1-year Research Associate position, Institute for Ethics and Society, University of Notre Dame Australia (Sydney Campus)
john.lippitt at nd.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 15:31:34 AEST 2021
The Institute for Ethics and Society<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SqqPCWLVXkU5y73KyS6lvDC?domain=notredame.edu.au> (IES) at The University of Notre Dame Australia has a unique part-time opportunity for a Part-time (0.7 FTE), Fixed-term (12 month maternity leave replacement) Research Associate, who will also take on the role of Managing Editor of Solidarity, the Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics.
The Research Associate is responsible for contributing to academic research in at least one of the IES's research focus areas, ideally Religion and Global Ethics (further information can be found here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BDRECXLW2mUXMvARMcVMb3T?domain=notredame.edu.au>), publishing high quality, ERA-reportable outputs, contributing to developing collaborative research projects and applying for research grants.
In addition, the Managing Editor role involves managing the publication and administrative processes of Solidarity: the Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics, which is an online journal providing a forum for the discussion of social ethics, social justice and Catholic social thought.
The successful applicant will be required to:
* Conduct academic research for current IES projects and collaborate in the development of new IES research projects
* Liaise with colleagues and other stakeholders of IES projects to ensure objectives are met
* Commission articles for publication, manage the editorial and administrative process, and publicise the work of the Journal
* Organise regular meetings and liaise with the Solidarity Advisory and Editorial Boards to further develop the Journal and keep the Boards appraised of the Journal's activities
* Completion or near completion of a PhD or equivalent
* Track record of high-quality, ERA-reportable publications
* Demonstrated ability to provide high quality teaching, especially in Ethics or a discipline related to one of the IES's research focus areas, in a University setting
* Ideally, track record of research grant income and/or industry funded research income
More information about the job is available here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/UpJ5CYW8NocL6RYq6s9hV-N?domain=notredame.edu.au
For queries, please contact Professor John Lippitt, Director of the Institute for Ethics and Society at john.lippitt at nd.edu.au<mailto:john.lippitt at nd.edu.au> OR Dr Annette Pierdziwol, Assistant Director at annette.pierdziwol at nd.edu.au<mailto:annette.pierdziwol at nd.edu.au>.
Professor John Lippitt
Professor of Philosophy and Director, Institute for Ethics & Society
Telephone: +61 (0)2 8204 4643 I Email: john.lippitt at nd.edu.au<mailto:john.lippitt at nd.edu.au>
The University of Notre Dame Australia (Fremantle, Broome & Sydney)
104 Broadway, Broadway 2007 I CRICOS Provider Code: 01032F
Visiting Professor of Philosophy, University of Hertfordshire
Honorary Professor of Philosophy, Deakin University
Latest book: Love's Forgiveness<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FRmLC2xMQzipEqrXEsMFHqm?domain=global.oup.com> (Oxford University Press, 2020)
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SydPhil