[SydPhil] Call for Entries - David Harold Tribe Philosophy Award 2020
elia.mamprin at sydney.edu.au
Thu Aug 27 14:36:48 AEST 2020
David Harold Tribe Philosophy Award 2020<https://www.sydney.edu.au/arts/schools/school-of-philosophical-and-historical-inquiry/department-of-philosophy.html>
The aim of the David Harold Tribe Philosophy Award is to promote interest in philosophy and to help the recipient further their education, enabling them to develop their insights and to advance the general public’s understanding of philosophy.
Applications close Friday, 30 October 2020 at 4 p.m.
The award will be in the sum of $20,000 payable as a one-off payment
TERMS OF THE AWARD
1. This award has been made possible by a generous gift to the University by David Harold Tribe, author and humanist, to promote interest in philosophy. The award provides the recipient funds to further their education in the field of philosophy enabling them to develop their insights and advance the general public’s understanding of philosophy.
2. The award will be presented to the person who is judged to have written the best published work displaying original thought on philosophy (preferably by a non-academic). The award being made is subject to the judging panel's opinion that the work is of sufficient merit.
3. The winner will be formally presented with the award at the annual award ceremony hosted by the School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry in May 2021.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
This award is for an original published book, published not earlier than five years before the closing date by a person normally resident in Australia during the three years prior to the submission of the work
* Only ONE entry per person
* Three (3) copies of the book must be submitted with the entry form<https://www.sydney.edu.au/content/dam/corporate/documents/faculty-of-arts-and-social-sciences/schools/sophi/philosophy/tribe-award-2020-entry-form.docx>.
* Late entries will not be considered.
* Entries will not be accepted by email or by facsimile transmission.
* Entries will not be returned.
* A panel of judges appointed by the University will select the winner. The decision of the judges is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
* The winner will be announced on the SOPHI webpage.
For further enquiries please email (with ‘David Harold Tribe Award’ in subject line) sophi.enquiries at sydney.edu.au<mailto:sophi.enquiries at sydney.edu.au> or phone 02 9351 2862
The entry must be posted or delivered by hand and arrive at the Office of the School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry no later than 4 p.m. on the closing date, Friday, 30 October 2020, to:
David Harold Tribe Philosophy Award
School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
A18 Brennan MacCallum
The University of Sydney NSW 2006
ELIA MAMPRIN | Executive Assistant to Head of School, Prof. Keith Dobney
School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry (SOPHI) | Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Room 605, Brennan MacCallum Building A18
The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 | Australia
T +61 2 9351 5658 | F +61 2 9351 3918
E elia.mamprin at sydney.edu.au | W sydney.edu.au/arts/sophi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SydPhil