[SydPhil] Final call for papers for Sydney Postgraduate Workshop on Philosophy and Psychiatry

alex g ajgillett1 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 13:17:35 AEST 2019

CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE EXTENDED: 7 Sep 2019

Dear Postgraduate,

You are invited to attend the 2019 Sydney Philosophy of Psychiatry and Psychology weekend away. AThe 2019 Sydney Philosophy of Psychiatry and Psychology Postgraduate Workshop is an opportunity for postgraduate researchers to give short talks and receive feedback from both their peers and experts in empirically-informed philosophy of psychology, mind and cognition. Academics and postgraduate students from Macquarie University, The University of Sydney, The University of Wollongong and other regional institutions are invited to attend and to present their research.

The retreat will take place at Pearl Beach October 11th-13th. There will be a keynote presentation by Dr Glenda Satne (UOW) on the Friday evening, followed by presentations by post-graduate students over the Friday to Sunday. There will be plenty of time to network, enjoy the beautiful setting, and make connections with others working and studying in the philosophy of psychiatry/psychology. Exact details will be included in a confirmation email once you RSVP is received.

Papers for presentation will be selected on a first come, first served basis. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause but strongly encourage all to submit abstracts as soon as possible. Abstracts should be 300 words long, and include a title, and identifying information. All presentations will be twenty minutes, with ten minutes for questions. There will be a projector and computer available at the venue.

Please return the attached RSVP sheet along with abstracts by the 7th September at the latest. RSVPS should be returned to gemma.smart at sydney.edu.au

SydPP is jointly funded by the Department of Philosophy, Macquarie University; The School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry, University of Sydney; The School of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Sydney; and The School of Humanities and Social Inquiry, University of Wollongong.

The SydPP Postgraduate Workshop is a supportive and respectful space for intellectual discussion. We aim to facilitate productive discussion which is both challenging and considered. Aggressive or harassing behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.

SydPP recognises the traditional owners of the land, the Darkinjung people, their tribes and peoples - past, present and future. It is on their land that we hold our event.

Any questions please direct to the organising team:

Alex Gillett - alexander.gillett at mq.edu.au<mailto:alexander.gillett at mq.edu.au>

Axel Constant – acon8307 at uni.sydney.edu.au<mailto:acon8307 at uni.sydney.edu.au>

Gemma Smart - gemma.smart at sydney.edu.au<mailto:gemma.smart at sydney.edu.au>

Inês Hipolito - inesh at uow.edu.au<mailto:inesh at uow.edu.au>