[SydPhil] HPS Research Seminar - “From the rational soul to human cognitive uniqueness: Psychology’s ambiguous response to evolution”

Debbie Castle debbie.castle at sydney.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 14:15:19 AEST 2019

View this email in your browser<*|ARCHIVE|*>

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/-_SRCANZvPiXQ8KOFG8hVs?domain=gallery.mailchimp.com]
SCHOOL OF HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
SYDNEY CENTRE FOR THE FOUNDATIONS OF SCIENCE
PRESENTS
SEMESTER TWO 2019 RESEARCH SEMINAR SERIES

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/jSTnCBNZwLirGyXKi6z5vq?domain=gallery.mailchimp.com]

PROFESSOR CARRIE FIGDOR
DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA

“From the rational soul to human cognitive uniqueness: Psychology’s ambiguous response to evolution”

Psychology began as the part of philosophy concerning the soul. Scientific psychology is still struggling to abandon this historical legacy. I will explain the multiple ways in which psychology remains unjustifiably anthropocentric. I will also review and defend the empirical developments bringing about a scientific psychology that is fully consistent with basic evolutionary principles
When:
Monday 2nd September 2019 From 5.30pm
Level 5 Function Room,
Administration Building (F23)
[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/iXr2CD1jy9tz9yLAfA5e3j?domain=gallery.mailchimp.com]
[Twitter]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/tvgJCE8kz9t27Y8xcPEQc6?domain=us9.mailchimp.com>
[Facebook]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/sbgTCGvmB5iR76N4fk-lHx?domain=us9.mailchimp.com>
[Website]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/18ozCJyp0qhvJVWwTOIEDt?domain=us9.mailchimp.com>

Copyright © *|2019|* *|School of HPS*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
*|hps.admin at sydney.edu.au|*<mailto:*|hps.admin at sydney.edu.au|*>

You can update your preferences<*|UPDATE_PROFILE|*> or unsubscribe from this list<*|UNSUB|*>.