[SydPhil] Ph.D. program in Parma - APPLICATION DEADLINE September 4th

Eliza Goddard elizagoddard at aap.org.au
Tue Jul 17 10:56:52 AEST 2018

Dear friends,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to inform you that the
University of Parma (Italy) has recently opened a call for doctoral
positions starting next academic year.

The Ph.D. program in philosophy is part of the doctoral school in
"Philological-Literary, Historical-Philosophical and Artistic Studies".
Please find the call with all details attached (it's a long document but
don't be scared! This is because there are details for all 17 doctoral
programs!) and see this link for further infos (lower part of the box for
English):

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/D-82CJyp0qh0lY0DiVTQ8i?domain=unipr.it

The University of Parma is a research University located in the beautiful
medieval city of Parma, and was established in AD 926, making it the fifth
oldest University in the world.

The doctoral program is a three-year fully funded program with NO TEACHING
DUTIES AND NO COURSEWORK (i.e., students are required to fully devote
themselves to research, although they can teach if they wish and they are
required to attend bi-weekly seminars, but don't have to write papers). The
stipend is about 1,200 Euros per month, it is guaranteed for three years
and it includes full benefits (comprehensive health insurance and
retirement plan). The cost of living in Parma is relatively low for Italy
(a room comes for about 300/400 Euros a month). The University will assist
foreign students with their visa application, if accepted.

NO PRELIMINARY KNOWLEDGE OF THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE IS REQUIRED AND THE
DISSERTATION CAN BE WRITTEN AND DEFENDED IN ENGLISH.

The application consists in a (max.) ten-page dissertation project
(including bibliography) and some standard paperwork (see attachment for
details). After that an interview will be scheduled, which can be done via
Skype.

The philosophy department in Parma is an international and pluralistic
environment with a concentration in phenomenology, the history of
philosophy and the German transcendental tradition. We have experts from
different nationalities and we regularly invite scholars from all over the
world for conferences and seminars.

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE AMONG YOUR M.A. STUDENTS AND ENCOURAGE THEM
TO APPLY, IF THEY ARE INTERESTED. They can get in touch with me at any
time, if they need assistance, of if queries regarding eligibility of
students with Honours (with thesis).

Thank you, sorry for the length and have a great summer!

All best,

Andrea

andreasebastiano.staiti at unipr.it

--
Dr Eliza Goddard
Executive Officer, Australasian Association of Philosophy

ACN 152 892 272
ABN 29 152 892 272