[SydPhil] Theo van der Meer

Debbie Castle debbie.castle at sydney.edu.au
Tue Apr 18 09:56:26 AEST 2017

Forwarded on behalf of Ivan Crozier...

Hello all,

The important historian of sexuality Theo van der Meer from Amsterdam is coming to USyd soon to present some of his work. I am sure many of you will be interested in attending. His paper is entitled "Castration will turn you into a real man": Surgical castration of sex offenders in The Netherlands, 1938-1968". I am sure it will be of interest to historians, lawyers, criminologists, HPS and gender studies people alike.

He will present at Wednesday 26 April, 2-4pm at New Law Annex SR 444, Eastern Ave.

Further details about Theo and his work are available at:
https://wordvine.sydney.edu.au/files/1900/16221/

Please circulate.

Best wishes, Ivan