[SydPhil] FW: course opportunity: History of the Human Sciences

Debbie Castle debbie.castle at sydney.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 15:48:54 AEDT 2017

Dear HPS Colleagues

As some of you have heard already, our visitor Christine von Oertzen, Senior Research Scholar at the Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science in Berlin, will be teaching HPSC 4101 this term. Her topic will be the history of the human sciences (syllabus attached), with a focus on child psychology.

Christine has agreed to admit postgraduate students to the course, and I encourage those of you interested in the topic to attend her class. I’m sure it will be a great course, but it is also an opportunity to broaden your postgraduate education. You will gain additional expertise in a field that is new or tangential to what many of you are working on.

The course is taught intensively between next week and the week before the semester break. If you are concerned about taking time away from your thesis, please speak to your supervisor or me. In the absence of a formal postgraduate coursework program at Sydney University, however, it is generally a good idea to get a fresh perspective on all things HPS from a distinguished scholar.

Please contact Christine directly if you have further questions regarding the class.
All best,
Daniela

Dr. Daniela K. Helbig | Lecturer
Unit for the History and Philosophy of Science
The University of Sydney
Room 383, Carslaw Building F07  | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 | Australia
T: +61 2 9351 7783 | W: http://sydney.edu.au/science/hps/
e: daniela.helbig at sydney.edu.au<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>