[SydPhil] CAVE Workshop: The History and Philosophy of 'Race', 17-18 Nov, Macquarie University
Centre for Agency, Values, and Ethics
arts.cave at mq.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 14:37:29 AEDT 2016
You are warmly invited to attend the Macquarie University Research Centre for Agency, Values, and Ethics (CAVE) workshop, The History and Philosophy of 'Race'<http://mq.edu.au/cave/events>, which is designed to bring together Australian and international philosophers and historians of 'race' to nurture interaction and exchange on their shared research interests. Our aim is to create a platform from which a mutually beneficial dialogue between philosophers and historians of 'race' can be established.
CAVE Workshop: The History and Philosophy of 'Race'
Date: Thursday and Friday, 17 - 18 November 2016
Time: 09:00 - 15:00 (both days)
Venue: E7B Theatre 2, Macquarie University (M21 on campus map<http://www.mq.edu.au/__data/assets/image/0010/183556/campus_map.png>)
All are welcome, but please RSVP for catering purposes by Thursday 3 November. To register, please contact Adam Hochman<mailto:adam.hochman at mq.edu.au?subject=Register%3A%20CAVE%20Workshop%2C%20History%20and%20Philosophy%20of%20Race>.
* Robert Bernasconi (PSU): "Race, Religion, and Conversion"
* Ron Mallon (WUSTL): "On Accumulation Mechanisms"
Profiles of our keynote speakers are on our website<http://mq.edu.au/cave/visitors>.
* Albert Atkin (MQ): "Subaltern Prosopography and the Philosophy of Race"
* Andrew Gillett (MQ): "Race, Ethnicity, Others: Late Antiquity as a Site for Historical Recursion"
* Victoria Grieves (USYD): "History in the Age of Humans: Time, Aboriginal philosophy and the Rise of Racism"
* Adam Hochman (MQ): "Why the Metaphysics of Race Needs to Get Historical"
* Alison Holland (MQ): "Counting Race: Aboriginal Natives and Immigrant Races. The Investment in, and Politics of, Race in Interwar Australia"
* Jennifer Mensch (UWS): "German Anthropology between Blumenbach and Kant"
* Sarah Walsh (USYD): "The Aesthetics of Whiteness: Race and Visual Culture in Chile"
* Christine Winter (ANU): "Racial Ambiguity: Colonial Mixed Race Identity in the Asia-Pacific"
For further information, please contact Adam Hochman: adam.hochman at mq.edu.au<http://email@example.com>
Macquarie University Research Centre for Agency, Values and Ethics (CAVE)
Department of Philosophy
Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
CAVE website: mq.edu.au/cave<http://cave.mq.edu.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SydPhil