[SydPhil] "The Scientific Cafè" - Can you read my mind?

laura desirèe di paolo lddp at outlook.com
Tue Jun 28 19:26:18 AEST 2016

***Apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear all,
 ​next appointment with the “The Scientific Café” ​ is ​on
 Monday, 4th July 2016, 12:30—2:00 p.m.
Lichtenberg-Kolleg, Historische SternwarteGeismar Landstraße 11, 37083 Göttingen Louisa Kulke Can you read my mind? Abstract: As humans we are pretty good at telling what other people think and predicting what they will do next. If your partner reaches out his arm over the breakfast table you know that he wants to get the butter rather than to exercise his biceps. Knowing what others want helps us cope in everyday life: we know when other people are in need of help and we know when somebody is going to get aggressive so we can run away in time. But do we do this implicitly, without even thinking about it? Or is predicting what other people will do actually a complicated mental exercise?
This talk will summarize facts from recent research to shed light on how we read other people's minds. ​All Welcome!!!!
Further information on http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/539996.html.______________________________Laura Desirée Di Paolo, Ph.D.
​"​Lichtenberg-Kolleg​"​ Institute for Advanced Study, Georg-August​ ​Universität​ - Göttingen, GermanyDPZ, Deutsche PrimatenZentrum - Göttingen, GermanyLeibniz-ScienceCampus Primate Cognition - Göttingen, Germany​Dept. Philosophy"Sapienza", University of Rome - Rome, Italy
lauradesiree.dipaolo at gmail.comhttps://sites.google.com/site/lauradesireedipaolo/
https://uni-goettingen.academia.edu/LauraDesir%C3%A9eDiPaolo

mob. +49 015 25 65 92 602 (de) +39 328 92 14 042 (ita)skype: laura.desiree.di.paolo------------
Evolution & Cognition (Research Group) http://evolutioncognition.wordpress.com
evolutionandcognition at gmail.com_______________________________​
CallSend SMSCall from mobileAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype