[SydPhil] Scholarship in Applied Philosophy
marwalker at csu.edu.au
Mon Jan 4 11:30:15 AEDT 2016
Scholarship in Applied Philosophy
The Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE) at Charles Sturt University (CSU) invites applications for a Higher Degree by Research scholarship, to commence in 2016.
CAPPE (CSU) is a Division of the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics, an Australian Research Council special research centre. CAPPE (CSU) is based at CSU's Canberra campus, at 10 Brisbane Avenue, Barton, A.C.T. 2600.
Applications for this scholarship are invited in areas of CAPPE's research specialisation. These areas include bioethics; ethical issues related to public health; criminal justice ethics; political ethics, including the ethics of conflict and ethical issues pertaining to domestic and international security or crime; environmental ethics and justice; ethics and technology; issues of applied epistemology, including those pertaining to investigative practice or policy or to data analysis; and issues of group agency and responsibility and their practical application(s).
* Available to Australian and New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
* Applicants must be enrolled, or intend to enroll for a Masters by Research or a Research Doctorate at CSU on a full-time or a part-time basis.
* Applicants should hold or expect to hold at least a Bachelor degree with upper second class honours or a qualification deemed equivalent, in philosophy or a cognate discipline.
* Applicants will commence a Masters by Research or Research Doctorate at CSU in 2016, or be currently enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research program.
* Applicants need to have their enrolment into the proposed Higher Degree by Research program accepted by CSU. (Applications for enrolment can be made on line here: http://futurestudents.csu.edu.au/apply/apply-now)
* The proposed topic of the Masters by Research or the Research Doctorate must align with an area of CAPPE's research focus and the proposed principal supervisor must be a member of CAPPE (CSU).
Scholarships will not be available to those who:
* Are receiving another equivalent award in the form of a scholarship or salary from the Australian Government or its statutory authorities;
* Have already completed a degree at the same or higher level;
* Have previously had more than 6 months of a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship.
The scholarship covers university tuition fees and the scholarship recipient will be allocated an allowance per session of enrolment to assist with the reimbursement of costs associated with conducting their research studies.
The award is normally for 2 years full-time (four (4) years part-time equivalent) study for Masters by Research and for 3 years full-time (six (6) years part-time equivalent) study for a Research Doctorate. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to commencement will be deducted from the period of tenure.
An extension of up to two (2) years part-time study may be granted for Research Doctorate candidates where the University is satisfied that the extension is based on grounds that are beyond the control of the candidate and related to their research rather than of a personal nature.
Applying for the scholarship
Information about CAPPE (CSU) and CAPPE's research programs is available on the CAPPE website: http://www.cappe.edu.au/
Potential supervisors for research degree candidates at CAPPE (CSU) include Prof Suzanne Uniacke; Prof Clive Hamilton; Prof Seumas Miller; A/Prof Stephen Clarke; A/Prof Patrick Walsh; Dr Matthew Kopec; Dr Daniel Cohen.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the CAPPE (CSU) Director, Prof Suzanne Uniacke, before applying. suniacke at csu.edu.au<mailto:suniacke at csu.edu.au> (after 4 January 2016).
Scholarship applicants who are not currently enrolled at CSU should apply for admission to a Higher Degree by Research at http://futurestudents.csu.edu.au/apply/apply-now and indicate on the application that they wish to be considered for a CAPPE scholarship.
All scholarship applicants should send the following documents as email attachments to cappe at csu.edu.au<mailto:cappe at csu.edu.au> with 'Scholarship application' in the subject heading of the email:
* Applicant's full name and contact details and research degree for which enrolled or applying
* One page outline of research proposal
* Copies of official academic transcript(s) showing subjects studied and results achieved
* Copy of curriculum vitae
* Names and contact details of two referees (at least one of whom should be an academic referee)
The closing date for scholarship applications is 31 January 2016.
[Charles Sturt University]<http://www.csu.edu.au/>
| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.
Charles Sturt University in Australia<http://www.csu.edu.au> The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 37976 bytes
More information about the SydPhil