[SydPhil] Strawson Reading Group

Simon Varey simonvarey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:19:14 AEST 2014

Greetings All,

The second meeting of our P.F. Strawson reading group is 4PM-6PM on Tue Sep
23. We will be meeting in Law Group Study Room 017 in the Law Library at
Sydney University. *Note the new location.* We will be discussing Part
II Chapter
4-7 p. 153-166 of Strawson's *Individuals*. Quine's *Methods of Logic* sec.
34 p. 203-208 will be an optional reading.

We are meeting fortnightly to discuss Part II of Strawson's *Individuals* over
several weeks, branching out in other works by Strawson and related
thinkers (like Quine and Russell, for instance) where relevant. Everyone is
welcome to attend. Please email simonvarey at gmail.com if you are interested.
Note that future meetings will not necessarily be announced on Sydphil.

When: Tue Oct 7 4PM-6PM
Where: Law Group Study Room 017, Law Library, Sydney University

Tom Raysmith and Simon Varey