[SydPhil] Fwd: 'Sense of agency' workshop at Macquarie University, 2nd December

Glenn Carruthers glenn.carruthers at mq.edu.au
Wed Sep 18 15:30:18 AEST 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vince Polito <vince.polito at mq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Subject: 'Sense of agency' workshop at Macquarie University, 2nd December
To: Hannah Morgan <hannah.morgan at mq.edu.au>, Glenn Carruthers <
glenn.carruthers at mq.edu.au>

------
Sense of agency: Theory, methods and
application<http://www.ccd.edu.au/events/conferences/2013/senseofagency/index.html>
Monday 2nd December, 2013
ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and it's Disorders
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
------

Sense of agency, the subjective feeling of controlling one's actions, is an
area of increasing interest in cognitive science, psychology and
psychiatry. This one day, interdisciplinary workshop will bring together
researchers, philosophers and clinicians to explore ideas and practical
applications related to sense of agency research.

We are very fortunate to be hosting three national and international
keynotes for this event. Our morning keynote session will address clinical
aspects of sense of agency and will feature a presentation from *Flavie
Waters (University of Western Australia)*. Our afternoon keynote session
will address methodological issues in sense of agency research, with a
particular focus on the intentional binding technique. This session will
feature presentations from *James Moore (Goldsmiths, University of London,
UK)* and *Marc Buehner (Cardiff University, UK)*, discussing alternate
interpretations of experimental data related to the connection between time
perception and sense of agency.

This inclusive and collegial workshop will be an opportunity for
researchers to present and discuss experimental, clinical or philosophical
work within the broad domain of sense of agency.

Abstract submission is now open. For more details please see our
webpage<http://www.ccd.edu.au/events/conferences/2013/senseofagency/index.html>
.

--
Vince Polito