[SydPhil] BLACKHEATH PHILOSOPHY FORUM JUNE 1

Sandra jobson sjd at cybersydney.com.au
Mon May 27 10:57:07 AEST 2013

    *BLACKHEATH PHILOSOPHY FORUM *

    www.blackheathphilosophy.com.au <http://www.blackheathphilosophy.com.au>

    *SATURDAY MAY 18, 4pm-6pm.*

    *
    Second talk in our THEME 2 - IS PHILOSOPHY DEAD?***

    *
    "PHILOSOPHY IS ALIVE AND KICKING"*

    "Philosophy always buries its undertakers" (Etienne Gilson). Does
    Philosophy still have important contributions to make to the
    progress of knowledge? Our speaker will answer with an emphatic
    'yes' and illustrate with examples from cognitive science.

    *
    Our speaker RICHARD MENARY *is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at
    Macquarie University with a special interest in cognition.

    Admission: $10 (includes afternoon tea or coffee)
    No need to book

    *
    VENUE*: Blackheath Community Centre
    Cnr Gardiner Crescent & Great Western Highway Blackheath NSW 2785
    Hall is heated.  Wheelchair access

    All welcome!