[SydPhil] cfa AAP stream "Advances in Philosophy of the Cognitive Sciences"

Glenn Carruthers glenn.carruthers at mq.edu.au
Thu Feb 14 11:47:07 AEDT 2013

Apologies for Cross Posting- please distribute to interested parties

As part of this year's Australasian Association of Philosophy meeting
(7th-12th July, University of Quensland St Lucia campus) I will be
coordinating a stream called "Advances in Philosophy of the Cognitive
Sciences".

In recent decades philosophers taking a rigerously naturalistic approach to
the mind (broadly treating minds as natural phenomena open to empirical
investigation) have made considerable advances in our understanding of
phenomena such as consciousness, memory, delusions and mental
representation to name just a few. This stream aims to showcase the newest
work in this area. It is my pleasure to invite contributions studying *any
and all* aspects of the mind and related phenomena grounded in empirical
discoversies.

Abstracts of up to 250 words should be submitted via the conference
website: http://www.aap-conferences.org.au/ when submitting be sure to
select the option indicating you are submitting for this stream.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. General equiries
about the conference not related to this stream should be directed to
Gilbert Burgh and Damian Cox aap-2013 at uq.edu.au

all the best
Glenn