[SydPhil] Socrates Cafe Call for Speakers

Tim Dean the.tim.dean at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:39:46 AEDT 2012

Hi all,

Socrates Café <http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Socrates-Cafe/> is now callingfor
speakers for the end of 2012 and for our 2013 programme.

We're interested in all aspects of philosophy, even some relatively
technical subjects, particularly anything that can spark a lively
discussion.

The format is straightforward: a 30 minute talk followed by another 45
minutes or so of discussion in groups, with the speaker wandering from
group to group answering questions.

Socrates Café has over 1400 members in the Sydney area, and attendance at
our monthly events is usually 50-60+. The meetings are held in Berkelouw
Books in Newtown, 5 minutes from the University of Sydney, on a Wednesday
night, and kick off around 6.30pm. We're also in the process of expanding
to other areas of Sydney, so there may be opportunities to speak outside
the Inner West this year.

If you're interested in speaking at one of our 2013 meetings, we'd love to
have you along!

Please email me with potential topics, and a rough idea of your
availability, and we'll find a time that suits you.

We also have openings later this month and in December - so let me know
ASAP if you'd like to speak this year.

Any questions, please do drop me a line.

Cheers,
Tim Dean