[SydPhil] Philo Agora Next Tuesday , Nov 6

Peter Bowden peter_bowden at usyd.edu.au
Sun Nov 4 17:05:38 AEDT 2012

Tuesday  November 6th, Jim Franklin:  Euthanasia

Following a discussion earlier this year on the topic "Are we ever allowed
to Kill?"  Jim Franklin looks at the vexed issue of euthanasia. Much of the
current debate is misinformed and emotive, and we all have mixed views on
the issue.  Jim will look at the philosophical underpinnings to enable us to
make a more informed decision on this complex issue. . A physician (and
Jim’s wife, Irene) will give a final viewpoint from relevant professional
experience,

Jim Franklin is professor in mathematics at UNSW. He is a regular speaker
and writer on philosophy issues covering among many, the philosophy of
Mathematics – and Infinity, the Philosophy of Science, and Pascal's Wager.

Philo Agora has lost its regular café venue
. This talk will be held just
along from its regular café  at the Gladstone Hotel , corner of Marrickville
Road and New Canterbury Road .   on the second floor. Talk is at 7.30 pm.
Finish at

9 pm

Philo Agora  (Sam, Hazel and Peter)