[Shared-l] Consultation on the Three Talk Model of Shared Decision Making

marie-anne Durand durand.marieanne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:49:00 AEDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The three talk model of shared decision making, published in 2012, has been
used as a teaching tool in workshops, and in the development of further
measurement tools. During that time the model has been criticized, and
changes have been suggested.

After consultation with colleagues we wish to seek views on a revised
model, and offer an opportunity to contribute to a revision. The
information sheet for the study can be viewed below our signatures.

Please use the link below to take you to more information and to an online
survey, which we estimate will take 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You may
leave your email address if you wish or you can remain anonymous.

Link to survey:
https://dartmouth.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dmdtzrORJqYf3rD

Professors Glyn Elwyn and Marie Anne Durand

Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice, USA.

DARTMOUTH COLLEGE

RESEARCH PROJECT INFORMATION SHEET

Study Title: Three Talk Model for Shared Decision Making

Principal Investigator: Glyn Elwyn

This research project is being conducted by Professor Glyn Elwyn from The
Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and clinical Practice at Dartmouth
college, Hanover, NH, USA. It is a study about the Three Talk Model which
aims to achieve a description of shared decision making that balances the
tension between presenting conceptual ideas with providing practical
usefulness. The goal of this study is to provide conceptual clarity about
the core process of shared decision making and to provide a practical and
translational model. Your participation is voluntary and involves
completing a brief survey.

The information collected will be maintained confidentially. Email
addresses and personal identifiable information will not be used in any
presentation or paper written about this project.

Questions about this project may be directed to: Professor Glyn Elwyn at
glynelwyn at gmail.com <glyn.elwyn at dartmouth.edu> or 603-653-0806 during
normal business hours.

--
Marie-Anne Durand MSc MPhil PhD CPsychol
Assistant Professor

The Preference Laboratory
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice
Level 5, Williamson Translational Research Building
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon NH 03756

E: marie-anne.durand at dartmouth.edu
T: (603) 653-0851

Administrative assistant: Lisa D. Sharp Grady
Email: Lisa.d.sharp.grady at dartmouth.edu