[Shared-l] Request: Unpublished papers on the development and/or validation of instruments to assess the process of shared decision making to include in review

i-share at Lumc.nl i-share at Lumc.nl
Fri Jul 8 21:41:04 AEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a systematic review of instruments to assess the process of shared decision making (SDM), are in the final stages of extracting the data and have shortly ago updated our search. In order to minimize the chances of missing out on relevant instruments and studies, we kindly ask your help.

Please let us know if you are aware of work being done but not yet published or indexed, on the development and/or validation of an instrument that aims to assess:

a) the process of SDM between a patient and/or family or proxy and a healthcare provider, or
b) patient involvement/participation in decision making

We would like to include in our review any relevant paper in press in a peer-reviewed journal, or manuscript in revision or in preparation that you would be willing to share with us. If you have developed an instrument but no manuscript or paper is available at this stage, please provide some basic information about the instrument by completing the table attached.

Thank you in advance for your help, also on behalf of Hanna Bomhof-Roordink, Fania Gärtner and Anne Stiggelbout.

With kind regards,
Arwen Pieterse

Arwen H. Pieterse, PhD | Associate professor | Department of Medical Decision Making | Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC)
Post zone J10-S | P.O. Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, the Netherlands
T +31 (0)71 526 5880 | F +31 (0)71 526 6838 | E: pieterse at lumc.nl<mailto:pieterse at lumc.nl> | PubMed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=((pieterse%20ah%5BAuthor%5D)%20AND%20(%222005%2F01%2F01%22%5BDate%20-%20Publication%5D%20%3A%20%223000%22%5BDate%20-%20Publication%5D))> AH Pieterse | https://nl.linkedin.com/in/arwenpieterse