[Moderngreek-l] 14TH BIENNIAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF MODERN GREEK STUDIES, MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY, 5-8 DECEMBER 2018
vrasidas.karalis at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jun 26 14:07:01 AEST 2018
The Modern Greek Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand and the Department of International Studies: Languages and Cultures Faculty of Arts, Macquarie University are hosting the 14th Biennial International Conference
5-8 December 2018.
Connecting and Interconnecting Communities and Landscapes: Reclaiming Greece as a Field of Studies, Teaching and Research in the 21st Century - Abstract Submission
We invite abstracts for talks on high-quality and original research around re-framing the future of Modern Greek Studies by reclaiming Greek culture as a field of research, learning and community engagement.
Abstracts and subthemes for discussion may include:
Greece as a field of studies and research
* Intercultural identity and identities
* Cultural interconnectedness
* Greek Jewish communities: the multifaceted dimensions of the Shoah in Greece
* Building bridges and creating projects
* Interdisciplinary research and studies in Modern Greek and Greece (e.g. ethnology, policy and politics, interconnected history, refugees, arts, sociological realities, crisis/crises)
* Transnational commemorations: eg ANZACs
* Learning and teaching in digital era
Connecting and interconnecting communities in Australia: Greek communities with each other, Greek communities with other communities and between Australia and Greece
* Interconnection and interconnections to ethnic communities in Greece
* Opportunities of studies in Greece joint programs (Erasmus, Coutelle)
* Historical interconnections
* Engaging cultural communities in learning and research
* The role of the Greek communities in active participation, effective promotion and funding projects
Submission content and format:
Abstract submissions should be a maximum of one page with 200-300 words (1.5 line spaced, size 12 Times New Roman font), plus an additional page for figure(s) and references. Individual talks will be 20 minutes (15 minutes + 5 minutes discussion).
Please use the following file naming convention:
Contact: elizabeth.kefallinos at mq.edu.au<mailto:elizabeth.kefallinos at mq.edu.au?subject=14th%20Biennial%20Conference>.
Note: Abstracts can only be uploaded from a desktop computer and not a mobile device.
Round One submissions are due by 5pm on 30 June 2018 (AEST).
Round Two submissions are due by 5pm on 30 September 2018 (AEST)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Moderngreek-l