[Metabolomics] New metabolomics mailing list

O'Sullivan, John F.,M.D.,Ph.D. JFOSULLIVAN at mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 16 02:07:08 AEDT 2016

Thanks Ben,

If there are any summary slides of this meeting, could you put them in the Dropbox for review?

Thanks so much,

John

On Jan 11, 2016, at 11:30 PM, Ben Crossett <ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au<mailto:ben.crossett at sydney.edu.au>> wrote:

Dear Current and Future Metabolomics Researchers,

There have been a number of e-mail chains going around discussing LC-MS and NMR based metabolomics techniques currently up and running at USyd, as well as discussions about what we need in the future.

To facilitate making these discussions more inclusive, as well as making the archives accessible, I have set up a Mailman mailing list (see the to: for the address).

To join the mailing list go here:

Feel free to forward this e-mail on to any colleagues who you think  would be interested in joining.

The remit of the mailing list is simple: it is open to anyone who wants to discuss metabolomics in the Sydney area (so not just restricted to those in the CPC or at USyd), and the goal is to share information of what’s currently up and running, what is best practice, what’s currently in the pipeline.

Linked to the mailing list is a Dropbox (simply a folder for papers and an excel file listing people, methods and hardware) set up by  Anthony Dona:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Metabolomics%20Working%20Group%20USyd?select=Summary.xlsx

Between these two and the occasional face-to-face meeting we should be able to boost collaboration in this area and accelerate everyone’s research.

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 28th Jan at 10am.  It will be in the large meeting room (40.03) on Level 4 in The Hub.  The main agenda item at the moment is giving Chris Liddle and his group an introduction to the MSCF facilities and to discuss MSMS-All (aka SWATH) applications.

Please RSVP if you would like to attend.

Kind regards,

Ben

dispose of the e-mail.