[Limdep Nlogit List] Marginal effects for Latent class choice model (ordered logit kernel) in NLOGIT6

Ishant Sharma reachishantsharma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 02:08:46 AEST 2022

Hello,

I am using NLOGIT6 to estimate a latent class choice model with an ordered
logit kernel. The model specifications include two classes and three
outcomes levels of the ordinal dependent variable. The model runs
successfully, except it gives an error for estimating marginal effects:

"RP cannot compute ME for ORDERED when J > 9.."

Here is the script:

CREATE ; LC1, LC2 $

ORDERED; Lhs = EV_BUY

; Rhs = one, AGE2, AGE3, AGE4, GENDER,TIER1 ,EV_FAMIL, PTPV_CHE,
RS2,CDIST,CTIME,PTDIST, CP2, CAROWNER, EMP1, PT_FAMIL,TW, CAB, PT, AUTO

; Model = logit; maxit=100; Partial Effects

; LCM = ONE,PROEV1,GC1,FEP1; Pts = 2; classp = LC1, LC2$

>From the error, it seems that NLOGIT6 does not support calculating marginal
effects for this model specification. Please assist me with this issue.

--
Thanks,
Ishant