[Limdep Nlogit List] Pds specification for choice modeling with unbalanced datasets

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Jul 28 09:10:18 AEST 2021

Iris. The unbalanced choice model has a complicated data set.  Observations
(rows of data) are grouped
within a choice task, and there is a panel of choice tasks.  NLOGIT handles
this case by borrowing part of
the process from the ordinary panel data routine.  The match of the data to
the specification ends up being
checked twice, once as if it were an ordinary panel and a second time by
the RPLogit routine. (There is a
description in Section N29.10 in the manual how this is set up - you would
have used the guide there to set
up the data.)  The diagnostic you received is generated by the first pass
through the data.  But, this can be
ignored.  It is the second pass that actually tallies the panel setup for
RPLogit.  So, if your data are arranged
as the estimator expects, you can ignore that diagnostic. (It should be a
warning, not an error.)
Regards,
Bill Greene

--
William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/b1suCMwGxOtqW28nKFJ2A06?domain=springer.com>
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/b1suCMwGxOtqW28nKFJ2A06?domain=springer.com>
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics