[Limdep Nlogit List] Problem with NLCONVERT

Alessandro Corsi alessandro.corsi at unito.it
Thu Aug 19 20:41:34 AEST 2021

I'm trying to convert a OneLine Data Set to a Nlogit format, using
NLCONVERT.

My original Data Set has 3 dummy variables of the choices (vino, uva,
coop) from which I create a choice variable with 3 values, after which I
try to use the NLCONVERT command:

Create;
if (vino=1) choicei =1;
if (uva=1)  choicei =2;
if (coop=1) choicei =3 $

NLCONVERT; Lhs = choicei
; Choices = vino1, uva1, coop1
; Rhs = PR_M_V,PR_M_U, PR_M_C
; Rh2 = vite, vite_sau, AGRITUR, BIO, COMPUTER, SITO_WEB,
ETA, SEX, ANNISTUD, AGR_STUD, PT_MAGG, PT_MIN, STRANIER,
LAV_INT, NMEMBR, N0_5, N6_13
; Names = choice1,prezzo,
vite1, vite_sa1, AGRITUR1, BIO1, COMPUTR1, SIT_WEB1,
ETA1, SEX1, ANNSTUD1, AGR_STU1, PT_MAGG1, PT_MIN1, STRANER1,
LAV_INT1, NMEMBR1, N0_5_1, N6_13_1 $

I receive the following error message:

Error   1020: Names=List gave  3 names. Needed #lhs+  1+#Rh2= 19

Can anybody suggest what causes the problem?

Many thanks

Alessandro Corsi

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GoihC6XQ4LfrD9PZZtpicph?domain=avast.com