[Limdep Nlogit List] Allocating memory does not work

KENNETH REYNOLDS kjreynoldsatp at icloud.com
Tue Jan 21 03:32:55 AEDT 2020

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what was the fix?  thank you.
--

I am having the following problem allocating enough memory to LIMDEP/NLOGIT6 in order to run regressions. The data set that I am trying to load contains 24 variables (columns) and 275,875 observations (rows). I have used import variables and read commands, but the results are the same, not enough memory to load the data set. I am not a new NLOGIT6/LIMDEP user, and I have run large data sets with older versions; however, I was able to set both the cell numbers in memory allocation and the rows in dimensions, and then the number of columns would adjust automatically.

This is not happening in my version of NLOGIT6 (Sep 7, 2016). I can only set the number of required cells in memory allocation, but I cannot access either of the dimensions - rows or columns. Thus I can set the number of cells to my requirement of 6,621,000; however, the number of columns remain at 900 while the number of rows adjust to 7,356 - I cannot manually change the number of rows. The rest of the rows in my data set are then set to missing data.

I then receive errors 522 (READ needs 6621000 cells. NKMAX= 5000000. Use Project menu ...) and 7 (READ - Data set is too large. Expand data area (Project...).

Attempting to reset the memory allocation through project/settings or tools/options/projects is not helpful.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Ken