[Limdep Nlogit List] Statistical significance value for the omitted/reference level in an effects coded model

Jason Ong doctorjasonong at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:12:32 AEST 2020

hi NLOGIT team,

I am running an RPL model which I have effects coded.
The model output doesn't display the reference level's coefficient
so because this is effects coded, to get the coefficient of the reference
level, I use the negative sum of the other level's coefficients.
currently to calculate the standard error of the coefficient of the
reference level, I have to use the covariance matrix for each level of the
attribute to calculate the standard error for the coefficient of the
reference level.
Is there an easier way in the current NLOGIT output for me to do this or do
I just need to keep manually calculating this?
thanks for your help.

*Jason Ong*
Twitter: @DrJasonJOng
PhD, MMed, MBBS, FAChSHM, FRACGP

Sexual Health Physician, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Alfred Health
Associate Professor (Hon), London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
UK
Central Clinical School, Monash University, Australia
Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne,
Australia
Associate Editor, Sexually Transmitted Infections
Special Issues Editor, Sexual Health
Board Director, ASHM (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/n2TVClx1NjiAYPO5FGO3kK?domain=ashm.org.au)
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/tNLbCmO5gluAQP1KFOyrkq?domain=lshtm.ac.uk
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/fJC_Cnx1jniKR3lquNIaOG?domain=researchgate.net