[Limdep Nlogit List] question regarding simulated probabilities in Ordered logit

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Nov 9 05:09:26 AEDT 2019

Fredrik:  SIMULATE should be a separate command.  There should be a $, not
a ;, after ;logit. I.e.,

> ORDERED;
> LHS=SAT;
> RHS = one, FEM, FREQ, MIN, STAND, INFO, IC, BCANCEL, CANCEL,

AGE1, AGE3, MG3, COMB, PERB, LEI, COMN, RED;
> logit$
> Simulation;Scenario:MIN={*}0;Outcome=*$

/Bill Greene

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:54 AM Derek Monsuur <F.Monsuur at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear sir/madam,
>
> I have a question regarding the simulation of probabilities with an
> ordered logit model. The manual specifies the command "Simulate", or
> "Simulation", followed up by "Scenario", where the values of the
> independent variable are specified.
>
> My problem has to do with a dataset on passenger satisfaction, and there
> are several independent variables that I included in the model. The
> variable 'MIN' is one of them, which indicates the delay minutes that a
> traveller had during his trip.
> My idea is to simulate the probability for each satisfaction outcome (0 to
> 4) for a couple of delay minute levels, ranging from 0 to 80, to see how
> the probability for a certain satisfaction rating changes with delay
> minutes. I have followed the manual to try to correctly specify the code,
> however, whatever I try, I get the error message "Error    999: The
> specification ;SCE is not recognized."
>
> My code goes as follows:
>
> ORDERED;
> LHS=SAT;
> RHS = one, FEM, FREQ, MIN, STAND, INFO, IC, BCANCEL, CANCEL,

AGE1, AGE3, MG3, COMB, PERB, LEI, COMN, RED;
> logit;
> Simulation;Scenario:MIN={*}0;Outcome=*$
>
> Looking forward to your reply,
>
> Fredrik Monsuur

> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
Associate Editor: Journal of Choice Modeling